Hire Wrongful Death Attorney to Follow the Statute of Limitation in Florida
According to Florida Statutes section 95.11(4) (d), a wrongful death lawsuit has to be filed within two years of the incident. In rare circumstances, the deadline can be postponed.
It is important to comprehend and follow the guidelines set by the statute of limitations, because otherwise, you will lose your rights to bring the wrongful death case to court. An attorney with enough experience in dealing with wrongful death cases in Florida can help you in determining when the statute of limitation will expire in a particular case.
Types of Claims to Be Handled By a Wrongful Death Lawyer
The Wrongful Death Act of Florida states that a person can file a civil lawsuit when the death of someone close to them is caused by negligence, a wrongful act, default, or breach of contract by another person. Several types of damages can be secured based on the circumstances.
Here are a few examples of the types of claims a Wrongful Death Lawyer Florida can help secure in your favor.
- When there is a minor child whose parents have died, the court has to award damages for the lost support and care.
- The surviving spouse of the deceased might claim damages for the emotional suffering and the lost companionship they will suffer due to the unfortunate incident
- When a minor loses his only living parent, they can claim damages for the loss of parental instruction and guidance. Funeral expenses might also be claimed in each of these circumstances.
Keep in mind that these types of awards are not always received in the simplest and the most straightforward manner. Overlap between the awards and other factors of the incident are also taken into account in deciding the amount to be awarded.
Thus, it is in the best interest of a survivor to have a lawyer who can guide them through the process and advocate for the correct compensation. They will ensure the damages rightfully reflect the emotional and financial trauma caused by the wrongful death.
Get in touch with our experienced Wrongful death lawyers and let us help you in securing your legal rights.
Stages of Filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Florida with an Attorney
Filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Florida requires a step-by-step process that starts with hiring a Wrongful Death Attorney Florida. Here are steps to follow when seeking the wrongful death damages:
- Contact an experienced lawyer for a free consultation and provide all the details about the incident. The more information an attorney has, the more they can be of help to you.
- The attorney starts investigating your claim, which involves going over the medical reports and autopsy records, talking to the witnesses, and asking you follow up questions.
- File the lawsuit and notify the defendant about the allegations. The attorney will decide where to file your lawsuit, as per the court jurisdiction.
- The next stage is discovery, where both sides can request information from the other to plan their arguments. The court intervenes if either side refuses to hand over any information.
- The trials begin after the discovery closes. The jury or judge makes a decision after hearing the arguments of both sides.
So, start the process of securing your claim by hiring a Wrongful Death Attorney Florida today. Come to us for a free consultation so that we can get your claim filed on time.
Having an attorney by your side is always beneficial.
Death is one of those topics few people want to discuss. Although it is the only surety in life, death is often a taboo subject. We understand that dealing with death is never easy. It is a time of grieving, a period of remembrance and nostalgia. It can be morose, painful, and depressing.
However, we also want you to honor the memory of your loved one. If you believe, for any reason, that a wrongful death has occurred, do not hesitate to contact Berke Law Firm, P.A. Because there is a statute of limitations for wrongful death civil litigation claims, you have to act now. Speak with your family and friends, and make the right choice.
By hiring the top Wrongful Death Attorney Florida can offer, we help to ease you through what would otherwise be a painful process.
- We take the lead and put together the details, helping to establish that a given person, group, establishment, facility, organization, or other entity is responsible for the untimely death. Your loved one deserves a comprehensive approach.
- We strategically formulate an argument to strengthen the claim and delineate the details of the case.
- It is incumbent upon you to get the information into the legal realm as soon as possible.
As a leading Florida Wrongful Death Lawyer, we are committed to protecting the legal rights of our clients.
The law is complicated. Sometimes the death resulted from an automobile accident, or commercial vehicle event. Other times, it’s the result of medical mistakes, weapon mishaps, or a prescription-related fatality.
Fortunately, at Berke Law Firm, P.A., we don’t shy away from the inevitable. In fact, we have the calm, cool-headed professionals who can talk any client through the realities of this kind of unfortunate event. We are the best firm to handle your wrongful death case.
If someone you know has died as the result of wrongful death, or if you believe their death may have been due to the negligence, carelessness, or recklessness of another, contact Berke Law Firm, P.A. immediately.