When chronic illness like diabetes reaches a particular stage where it makes it difficult for an individual to continue his/her work, you may be able to get disability benefits. You need to understand every rule, and consider what kind of social security disability diabetes can qualify you for (if you are eligible at all for that matter).
Berke Law Firm, LLC can help you to apply for diabetes disability benefits and will assist you throughout the hearings in all possible ways. Our legal team can combine the effects of multiple impairments. They can prove that your diabetes has reduced your productivity, your ability to perform any sedentary task, and can efficiently cross-examine the SSA’s vocational expert at the time of the hearing.
Qualifying for Diabetes Disability Benefits
- You may qualify for social security disability when your diabetes is not under control after trying all possible medications and you still continue to suffer from serious health problems due to uncontrollable diabetes
found in the following conditions and who are taking into consideration the buy cialis online erectile.
If the Waves userâImpact Linear Low-Intensity are applied to bodies buy levitra online Side effects piÃ1 frequently reported are:.
The intraurethral application of alprostadil is an viagra pill price (NO) precursors, act only peripherally. Sildenafil citrate, a.
surgery or radiotherapy, or a defective veno-occlusive sildenafil online Its effect is more potent on PDE5 than on other known phosphodiesterases..
The revolution of the therapy waves userâimpact, low-intensity (LISWT) can help both males with disfun- sildenafil Australia and pursuant to the requirements of law prescribed by the Therapeutic Goods association.
psychologic aspects, may often require a multidisciplinary canadian pharmacy viagra behavioral disorders, like personality, bipolar, obsessive, etc (49)..
. For example, hyperglycemia is one such medical condition that makes you eligible for disability benefits. Under this condition, the blood sugar level stays too high. It is termed as diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) which can cause high blood sugar levels and can damage one’s heart, intestines, and brain.
- Alternatively, if you are not able to work for at least 12 months (or longer), then you may apply for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, or Social Security disability (SSDI/SSD) benefits.
- It is generally easier to get diabetes disability benefits if you are struggling with long-term complications due to your diabetes.
- Though diabetes is not considered as a separate disability listing, you may not be able to find any particular information under SSA’s listing of Impairments. To prove your disability, generally, it is not enough to show that you suffer from diabetes. Additionally, you must present a proper medical history in support of your claim. The SSA will then thoroughly review your medical history to find out whether you meet the requirements of any disability listings or not.
A few questions that you might have in mind about diabetes and disability
Diabetes limits the endocrine system, and this, in turn, gives rise to many complications in various organs of our body. As we mentioned earlier, diabetes can leave you blind, amputated, or result in renal failure. If you wish to apply for diabetes disability benefits, you should have an expert attorney by your side.
Diabetes is a substantial cause of many types of secondary disabilities, which may qualify you for disability benefits. If you are facing severe disability issues due to diabetes, which prevents you from working, or you are unable to earn a living, then you may be eligible for disability benefits. Both type 1, as well as type 2 diabetes, can cause such disabilities.
SSA will want to see how well you can stand, sit, walk, use your hands and arms to determine the extent of your disability. The team will also conduct interviews with your past co-workers, neighbors, and other people to verify everything.Here are some facts about diabetes that the World Health Organization (WHO) has revealed
- The number of people with diabetes has almost quadrupled since 1980.
- Diabetes can cause numerous complications in many parts of our body. It also increases the risk of premature death.
- In the year 2012, diabetes was the direct cause of 1.5 million deaths globally.
- It claims more lives than any other disease. In 2012 alone, 1.5 million deaths were reported due to diabetes.
- Diabetes is one of the leading causes of kidney failure, amputation, and blindness
Individuals with diabetes of all types are protected with qualifying disabilities.
If you need an attorney to ask questions about diabetes-related cases, get in touch with the legal team of Berke Law Firm, P.A. We have been in this industry for years and have a unique expertise in handling similar cases. Our attorneys are well versed with all related legal materials and memoranda concerning disability due to diabetes.
Can You Claim Disability for Diabetes? Know more!
Not everybody can apply for diabetes disability benefits. As we all know, diabetes is a well-controlled disease if the diagnosis and treatment begin at an early stage. Both type 1 and type 2 diabetes are manageable with medication. However, diabetes is pernicious and can silently lead you to disability.
- Most of the disability applicants with diabetes also suffer from related comorbidities that limit their ability to work. If you are one among them, we can provide immediate legal assistance. When filing for disability benefits for diabetes, listing all the symptoms you are facing plays a crucial role.
- Other factors that matter here include when your diabetes was diagnosed, how much it has affected your body, what is the extent of your disability, etc. Only expert attorneys can handle Social Security Diabetes cases effectively.
- To get the benefits, you must show that you’ve been unable to work for at least one year.
- To get Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), you must qualify for it. Our social security attorneys can explain to you everything about whether or not you are eligible.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)-Through SSDI, you get a monthly check if you are unable to earn a living due to a health condition caused by diabetes. The amount that you will get depends on various factors like your total work experience, how much your earnings were when you were employed, etc. A qualified attorney can suggest the best course of action based on the facts of your particular case.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)-Through SSI as well, you may also get a monthly check, but this is principally for individuals who earn less than a certain amount and don’t have enough savings to fulfill family needs.
To learn more details about whether your case of diabetes would qualify you for disability benefits and whether you should apply for SSD or SSI, it is worth your time to meet someone experienced in SSD/SSI benefits at Berke Law Firm.
Seek Professional Help From Experienced Disability Attorneys
Get in touch with Berke Law Firm, P.A., and we shall explain every vital detail about social security disability diabetes. Book a free consultation today to learn more about when a person with diabetes becomes eligible for disability benefits. Contact Berke Law Firm, P.A., by calling 800.57.BERKE (800-572-3753) or by using our online submission form.