Managing A Personal Injury Claim in Fort Myers
Suffering from a Personal injury is not easy. In fact, it can lead to devastating consequences. If you have been hurt in a major accident, or even a minor one, you may be able to receive compensation. It all depends on your ability to prove a number of important elements.
- Personal injury law is specific. It refers to a type of injury that has happened due to the fault of another party. This party can take a number of forms. In some personal injury cases, a single person may be at-fault. In other cases, multiple people are liable.
- Personal injury cases also include companies and manufacturers. Companies can be held liable for defective products. Doctors may be held liable for negligence in treatment. There are numerous personal injury cases and claims.
- Fort Myers Personal Injury Attorney can assist with all of them. If you or someone you know has suffered a personal injury, you need help. Even if you are not sure if the injury you suffered meets the definition of personal injury, you should seek advice. The best personal injury experts in Fort Myers can assist.
- It doesn’t matter what kind of personal injury you’ve endured.You may be injured as the result of a slip-and-fall accident. You may be seriously hurt in an automobile accident. You may even be the unfortunate victim of medical malpractice. If you’ve suffered mental and physical harm due to some other party, you may have a case.
- Don’t sit around. Don’t wait. Don’t try to handle the situation on your own. If you suspect you are the victim of personal injury, you need to act quickly and decisively. Consult with the top Fort Myers Injury Lawyer in the area, today.
- However, you must first take several crucial steps. Before finding a personal injury attorney you can trust, you should do some research. Ask friends and family for recommendations. Look through registries and databases and browse law firm websites to get a better idea of the types of cases they handle.
- No matter what you do, you should be proactive. When you visit a personal injury law firm website, you need to be observant. You should look for a track record of success. You should evaluate client testimonials and you should note the credentials and accolades of the law firm’s attorneys.
- You also need to target your search. For example, some personal injury lawyers only take on car crash cases. Other accident attorneys mostly accept slip-and-fall claims. You might even encounter personal injury specialists who only take on a specific type of medical malpractice.
You need to be sure that you ultimately hire the personal injury attorney that is right for you. You want a legal expert who has extensive experience in your particular type of case and claim.
Why Berke Law Firm, P.A. Is Right for You
- When suffering a personal injury at the hands of a negligent party, it’s important to remember several things. First, you need to recognize that your life has changed.
- Your injury can directly affect your ability to earn a living. The medical bills can be extensive. Your physical and mental changes can be devastating.
- However, there is still hope. In fact, you can drastically improve your circumstances with the help of a seasoned legal professional. Many personal injury victims can and do improve.
- You simply need to act swiftly and intelligently. With the help of a top Fort Myers Injury Attorney, you can make this happen.
- When filing a personal injury claim, a claimant must remember several important things. All injured claimants must understand that establishing fault is never easy. To prove the fault of another party, the claimant must show one of three elements.
Types of Personal Injury Cases and Claims
Personal injury cases are classified into one of three types: negligence, strict liability, and intentional wrong.
Negligence is the most common form of personal injury case. To prove negligence, the claimant and his or her attorney must show that the other party acted irresponsibly. They need to prove that the party acted in a way that could be reasonably expected to result in injury. This misconduct forms the basis of many claims and lawsuits.
The second form of personal injury cases and claims is strict liability. In the case of strict liability, a claimant and his or her attorney do not need to show negligence or intent. Instead, the plaintiff must simply prove that the defendant caused harm through dangerous actions or products.
Lawyers in Fort Myers have extensive experience in bringing strict liability lawsuits. Many defective product cases fall under the strict liability category.
Finally, the third form of personal injury cases is intentional wrong. This type of personal injury case is fairly self-explanatory. An intentional wrong or intentional tort case includes the deliberate actions of another party.
In an intentional wrong case, the other party has willingly acted in a way to cause harm. This can include assault and battery, as well as other types of incidents. Many times, an intentional tort case may also include criminal charges.
However, criminal charges are brought separately. All personal injury cases are considered civil proceedings. If there is criminality, that will be handled in a different manner.
- Overall, there are many nuances and factors to consider. Injured claimants must understand the nature of their claim. Claimants should also recognize the often long and tedious nature of the process.
- Some of the more complex personal injury cases may require extensive medical documentation and information. Some accident claims will even rely on expert testimonies and reconstructions of the accident. These points of evidence can be critical in establishing fault.
The Perfect Fort Myers Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury Attorneys in Fort Myers can help claimants make the most compelling personal injury cases possible.
- If you or someone you know is unsure about a claim, do not hesitate to consult with an attorney. A sound legal professional will be honest. If your claim is not viable, a good lawyer will tell you. If your claim has a good likelihood of success, a skilled attorney will take it on.
- One of the most difficult aspects of a personal injury case is establishing fault. To establish fault, the claimant and his or her attorney must establish the chain of causation.
- First, you must establish that a party’s actions led to a risk or hazard. Then, you must show that this risk or hazard led to your accident. After this, you must prove that the accident led to your injury since some injuries may be the result of previous events. Finally, you must show a connection between your injury and damages.
- In some cases, an injury does not correspond to damages. A victim of a minor car crash can certainly claim damages for hospital and medical costs. However, that same victim may have trouble showing a connection between the car crash and severe mental illness in the future.
At Berke Law Firm, P.A., we don’t take your current condition for granted. Our personal injury expertise is the result of numerous years working with the latest laws and case rulings. We have formulated airtight cases and arguments for our clients. As a result, we have seen exceptional compensation wins.
Why Are We So Successful?
We are successful because we are experienced and tenacious. When contacting your injury attorney in Fort Myers, you will notice several things.
Firstly, we have no qualms about challenging the big and powerful insurance companies. Many insurance companies, sadly, will try to low-ball injured parties, especially when legal representation is not present. Fortunately, with the Personal Injury Lawyer Fort Myers FL trusts most at your side, you can’t go wrong.
You can only increase your chances of winning compensation, if you choose an expert to represent your case.
Because personal injury claims are subject to statutes of limitations, you only have a certain amount of time to file your personal injury claim. A Fort Myers accident lawyer must obtain witness testimonies, review case facts, and collect the critical medical evidence as soon as possible. Do not delay, call today!